I made this Lechon Belly Pork Adobo using some leftover crispy lechon belly, which I made a few days ago. If you have not seen the video or viewed the recipe yet , use this link to check it out. The crispy lechon by itself was already flavorful, making it into a pork adobo dish made it taste better. Note that I intentionally did not let all the sauce evaporate, so that you can pour some over your warm white rice. I enjoyed my meal better this way. Maybe you will too.
This dish was inspired by my basic pork adobo recipe. A piece of onion and a teaspoon of sugar were added to elevate the dish to the next level. Initially, I had an idea in my mind on how this dish would taste like. I might be a bit conservative when I thought about it, because it tasted better than I have imagined. It is like a marriage between the best pork adobo that I ever had and lechon paksiw, seriously. Now I feel like wanting to make crispy lechon belly again and reserve half of it to make adobo.
Since we are cooking pork adobo, this means that we can store it longer. It can stay for weeks inside the fridge or a couple of days in room temperature, provided that it is covered properly.
You can use the same recipe even if you don’t have leftover lechon belly. This recipe works well with fresh pork too. If there are some leftover fried pork or lechon kawali perhaps, you know what to do next. Take it easy on the rice and enjoy your meal.
Try this Lechon Belly Pork Adobo Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Lechon Belly Pork Adobo Recipe
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Once the onion starts to get translucent and soft, and the garlic turns brown, add the sliced lechon belly. Continue to saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour beef broth. Let boil.
- Add whole peppercorn and dried bay leaves. Cover and cook in low heat for 45 to 50 minutes. Note: add more broth or water if needed.
- Pour vinegar. Let boil.
- Add sugar. Stir. Cook until there is only a little bit of sauce left. Do not let the pork adobo to get dry.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with rice. Share and enjoy!