This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Longganissa Fried Rice is a fried rice version using Longganisa (Filipino Sausage). This is best eaten during breakfast.
Making Longganisa Fried rice is quick and easy, as long as you have longganisa around. You can purchase longganisa from Filipino and Asian supermarkets, or simply make one for yourself using our recipe. As for the rice, it is best if you’ll be using leftover white rice. I use leftover rice because it does not stick too much and the texture is just about right — not too soft.
The flavor of this fried rice dish comes from the sausage. However, the salt and garlic powder also play an important role in making this dish taste good.
Try this Longganisa Fried Rice Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 5 cups leftover steamed white rice
- 3 pieces longganisa removed from the casing and the chopped
- 2 raw eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine the rice, salt, and garlic powder. Gently mash the mixture until the rice breaks apart and all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan.
- When the oil becomes hot, put-in the chopped longganisa. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the mashed rice. Cook for 5 minutes in medium heat while stirring once in awhile.
- Make a space in the pan by putting the rice on one side.
- Crack the eggs and then put in the open space of the pan. Let the eggs cook and then chop using the tip of your spatula.
- Gently mix the eggs with the rest of the Ingredients.
- Pour-in the soy sauce. Stir and then cook for one minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!