This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Shrimp Alfredo Pasta with Scallops can be made using spaghetti or fettuccine. It will depend on your preference or on the availability of the ingredient in your pantry at the moment. This Alfredo pasta is easy and simple. It makes use of our thick Alfredo sauce recipe that uses heavy cream.
I like rich and thick pasta sauces. If you do not feel the same, you can use half and half as an alternative to heavy cream in making the sauce. The Parmesan cheese is good enough for me. However, you can also add grated Romano cheese if you feel that there is a need for it.
The shrimp and scallop combination works well for this pasta dish. Make sure that the shrimp is pan fried and the scallops are seared before adding the sauce for best results.
How to Make Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
Start by cooking the pasta. Whether you are using spaghetti or fettuccine, always follow the package instructions.
It won’t take long for the sauce and seafood to be cooked. Pan fry the shrimp separately and the sear the scallops. Both ingredients needs to be removed from the pan before making the Alfredo sauce. Melt the butter in the pan and then start to brown the garlic. Add the cream and stir until well blended. Cook for a few minutes until it is about to reach boiling point. Your queue to add the shrimp and scallop is when the cream starts to move on its own. Make sure to stir once in a while. Add the cheese last.
Top it with the pasta or put the pasta in the pan and toss to distribute. Top with chopped parsley to make it look more appetizing.
Try this Shrimp Alfredo Pasta with Scallops. Let me know what you think!
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1 lb large shrimp deveined and shell removed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti or fetuccine according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once the oil starts to heat-up, pan fry the shrimp for 1 minute per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Sear the scallops in medium heat for 2 minutes per side.Remove from the pan including the liquid that comes from it.
- On the same pan, melt the butter, and then cook the garlic until light brown.
- Pour the heavy cream in the pan and then stir. Cook between low to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and scallops. Stir and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and turn off the heat. Add salt and pepper if needed.Stir.
- Top the sauce over the spaghetti or you can add the spaghetti on the pan and then give and toss.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!