One of the easiest and best tasting pork chop recipes that I tried is Slow Cook Pork Chop with Mushroom Gravy. This dish is very delicious, tender, and comforting. The good news about it is that you do not need to exert too much effort in cooking because all the magic happens inside the slow cooker — all you need to do is to thicken the gravy afterwards.
As I’ve mentioned, you will be needing a slow cooker to cook this dish. If you do not have one yet, there are many slow cookers brands that you can choose from — remember that we don’t need fancy equipments to cook this dish: the simplest slow cooker is enough. I guess that some of you might ask if you can do Slow Cook Pork Chop on the stovetop; while we can use a stove top to simmer dishes for an hour or 2, it is still advisable to use a slow cooker because you can control the heat better. On the other hand, you can try placing this in an conventional oven, but make sure to place all the ingredients in a Dutch oven first and cover it well.
Slow cooking food is one thing that I love to do when I am not in a hurry because it brings out all the flavor from the ingredients. Slow food is definitely better than quick ones in terms of taste and health benefits. I suggest that you also try to slow cook your food at least once a week; you’ll distinguish the difference between slow food and foods cook faster right after your first bite.
Try this Slow Cook Pork Chop with Mushroom Gravy recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
Slow Cook Pork Chop with Mushroom Gravy
- 2 lbs pork chops
- 2 cups white mushrooms sliced
- 1 piece beef cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine pork chops, mushrooms, water, beef cube, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Slow cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the pork chops and arrange in individual plates. Leave the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, pour-in the water with cornstarch on the remaining sauce. Stir. Note: add water if needed.
- Pour-in the mushroom gravy (sauce) over the pork chops.
- Serve with brown rice. Share and enjoy!