Liver Steak is marinated fried liver in soy sauce, lemon, and onion sauce. The method of cooking this dish is similar to that of Bistek tagalog.
Some of us do not want to eat liver because of its gamy taste (that includes me when I was younger). I guess that the gamy taste that I experienced during my first try haunts me every time I see a liver dish. It was just only a few years ago that I learned to enjoy eating this because I learned some method that could reduce the unpleasant taste (just reduce, not eliminate). I also forced myself to eat liver for health reasons.
This recipe could reduce the gamey taste to help you enjoy the dish better.
Try this delicious Liver Steak recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- 1 lb Liver (pig's or cow's liver are best)
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 piece lemon (or 3-4 pieces calamansi)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp garlic. minced (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the liver in lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, and ground black pepper for a minimum of 1 hour
- Pour the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- Put-in the garlic and fry until color turns golden brown. Set aside.
- On the same pan with the remaining cooking oil, fry the both sides of the liver (do not overcook ) then set aside.
- Put the onions in the pan where the liver was fried and cook until texture becomes soft
- Add the marinade and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce becomes thick
- Pour the sauce with onions over the fried liver and garnish with fried garlic
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!