Inihaw na Liempo or Grilled Pork Belly needs no introduction at all. The name of the dish already defines itself. This is one good food that I really like because of its simple preparation and magnificent taste.
I love eating liempo the “kamayan” way. I just make sure that my hands are all clean and that the suka (vinegar) and eggplant salad (ensaladang talong) is within my reach.
Try this simple Inihaw na Liempo recipe. Let me know what you think
Grilled Pork Belly Recipe
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece lemon (or 3 to 4 pieces calamansi)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup banana catsup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Combine pork belly with the soy sauce, lemon, salt, ground black pepper, garlic and mix well. Marinade the pork belly for at least 3 hours.
- In a bowl, pour the pork belly marinade then add banana catsup and cooking oil. Stir well. (This will be the basting sauce)
- Grill the pork belly while basting the top part of the pork after flipping it over.
- Serve hot with spiced vinegar or toyomansi. Share and Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6