This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Inihaw na Pork Chop is translated in Filipino as grilled pork chop. Perfectly sliced pork chops with skin and fat on are marinated in soy sauce and lemon juice mixture along with some spices to achieve a delicious flavor that appeals to the Filipino taste buds.
I understand that you might have your own way of marinating pork chops or any pork slices for this purpose. For example, sinarabasab is nicely prepared using the simplest procedure which is rubbing with sea salt and vinegar (sukang iloko). While this recipe may not be that simple, it is guaranteed that you will get that good Pinoy pork chop taste that goes well with steamed rice, salted egg, and eggplant ensalada.
Aside from pork chops, the marinade can be used for other pork slices such as pork shoulder and belly. This grilled pork chop is best eaten when dipped in spicy vinegar. Aside from grilling, you can also make other delicious Filipino pork chop dishes such as pork chop steak.
Try this Inihaw na Pork Chop recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Make the marinade by combining the soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt, sugar, ground black pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well.
- Arrange the pork chops in a ziploc bag or resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade inside the bag. Let the air out and seal the bag. Place in the fridge to marinate for 5 to 8 hours.
- Separate the pork chops with the remaining marinade. Place the marinade in a bowl and then add cooking oil. Stir.
- Heat-up the grill. Grill the marinated pork chops in medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side while basting with the remaining marinade and oil mixture. Do this step twice and add more grilling time as needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!