Yema is a type of custard candy made from egg yolks and condensed milk. This is a common Filipino dessert and one of the easiest to make. The ingredients needed are readily available and this does not require a lot of cooking and preparation time.
There are several ways to present this dessert – the most common is the use of colored cellophane. The mixture is scooped and placed inside individually cut cellophane then manually molded until the shape becomes pyramid-like. Others roll the mixture until the shape becomes spherical and place them in a small paper cup or use some frill picks to go with it. Majority just eat it as it cools
Try this Yema Ball recipe.
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
3 egg yolks
3 tbsp peanuts, chopped
Watch the Cooking video:
1. Place the butter in a heated saucepan and allow to melt
2. Stir-in the condensed milk and allow to cook for 3 minutes
3. Add the egg yolks then continue stirring for 2 minutes
4. Set the heat to medium and put-in the chopped peanuts then stir until the mixture becomes thick (about 15 to 20 minutes). Adjust heat to low when texture is about to be achieved.
5. Turn-off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down
6. When the temperature of the mixture is tolerable, scoop a spoonful then roll with your hands to form a sphere (ball shape).
7. Transfer to a serving dish and apply your desired presentation
8. Serve. Share and Enjoy!