Fish Ball Soup Recipe
Fish Ball Soup is a nice tasting fish soup with scallions and bok choy. Minced fish fillet is made into a ball by adding tapioca starch and minced scallions. The first thing that needs to be done in preparing this fish ball soup recipe is the fish paste. The paste is the mixture of minced…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fish Ball Soup is a nice tasting fish soup with scallions and bok choy. Minced fish fillet is made into a ball by adding tapioca starch and minced scallions.
The first thing that needs to be done in preparing this fish ball soup recipe is the fish paste. The paste is the mixture of minced fish fillet, tapioca starch, salt, pepper, and minced scallions. I use my trusted food processor to do the trick. The ice cubes, on the other hand, makes the mixture thick enough to be molded into ball shaped figures.
The fish balls are cooked in the simmering vegetable broth. I usually place the ball in the broth after scooping each one and then wait until they float. That will tell me that I can proceed in adding the vegetables.
Try this Fish Ball Soup recipe. Let us know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Fish Ball Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. fish fillet
- 5 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 3 pieces ice cubes
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Boil the vegetable broth in a large cooking pot.
- Put-in the onions and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the fish paste by combining the fish fillet, tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Mince the mixture until the texture becomes soft.
- Transfer the mixture in a mixing bowl. Add the minced scallions and ice cubes. Mix well using your hands until the mixture becomes thick.
- Make a ball out of the mixture by grabbing a handful using your hand. Make an “O” shaped opening using your thumb and index finger. Gently squeeze your hand until the mixture exits the opening. Use a spoon to scoop the mixture.
- Place the scooped mixture in the simmering broth. Continue to simmer until the balls float.
- Add the chopped scallions and bok choy. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in the fish sauce. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment