New York Style Cheesecake is a type of dessert made from sweetened cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs. Originally, this type of cheesecake has no toppings but several variations are made to add more life and flavor to this exquisite dessert. Common variations include fresh or sweetened cherry or strawberry toppings and some even use whip cream.
This particular recipe is not complicated at all. Since we made this for Christmas dinner, we thought of using some ready made ingredients to save some time. Instead of making the crust (graham crust) from scratch, I decided to get a ready-made graham pie crust from the local grocery store. We also bought a ready made cherry pie filling so that we can save more time in making the topping. The result is a great tasting cheesecake completed for just an hour (and 30 mins to an hour spent waiting while refrigerating it).
Try this New York Style Cheesecake recipe
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 packs cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (or extract)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1 can cherrie pie filling (about 8 ounces)
- 1 ready made graham pie crust
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Whisk-in the granulated sugar and continue beating until everything is properly distributed.
- Add the flour and vanilla essence(or extract) then mix again for about 1 minute.
- Put-in the sour cream and continue mixing for another minute.
- Gradually add the eggs one at a time while mixing. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Pour the mixture over the graham pie crust.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit then bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then allow to cool down
- Place the cherry pie filling on top of the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: