Camaron Rebosado (translated in English as Overflowed Shrimp) is an easy seafood dish that makes use of shrimps as the primary component. Shelled shrimps are marinated in lemon juice and dipped in a batter before deep frying.This style of cooking shrimp nearly resembles the Japanese tempura and shrimp croquettes; however, some ingredients and preparation steps vary.
Fried dishes are often regarded as bland or having a very mild taste. This is one of the reasons why a rich and flavorful sauce should be paired with such dishes. For this simple shrimp recipe, an easy to make sweet and sour sauce is the solution.
Try this Camaron Rebosado recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 piece lemon
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh milk
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat a pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, dip a piece of shrimp in the batter (leave the tail uncovered) then deep-fry until the color of the outer part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel (this will absorb excess oil).
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: