Who doesn’t want pasta? Even if pasta is not an authentic Filipino food, we still learned to love and enjoy it. In fact, there are some Filipino variations of some Italian pasta dishes that we really enjoy: like the Pinoy Spaghetti for example.Our palate must have adjusted to the taste of different pasta dishes that we had over the years to the point that some of us consider it as our comfort food. I must admit that I love lasagna and I consider it as one of my comfort food. Is pasta one of your comfort foods too? What is your favorite pasta dish?
I noticed that people are embracing healthy pasta dishes these days. Spaghetti dishes with less meat and more vegetables are preferred because of its health benefits. It also goes without saying that preparation time is faster since vegetables cook fast.
What we have here is a very simple yet healthy pasta recipe that uses cherry tomatoes and fresh basil (I can still smell the basil as I write). This dish only took me less than 20 minutes to prepare and the taste was awesome.
I am a certified carnivore but embracing healthy habits is one thing that I am considering at this moment. I decided to first start on my eating habits; this affects the foods that I choose to eat. Don’t get me wrong. We will still be doing our favorite Pinoy recipes though healthy recipes and some food recipes for weight loss will be added- that is if you like the idea.
I would love to hear from you. Please comment on this post and share your thoughts.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- 1 lb Spaghetti noodles
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 pieces fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
- Heat a skillet or pan then pour-in the olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic until color turns medium yellow.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes
- Drain the pasta then put it in the skillet or pan and toss.
- Add the fresh basil, salt, and pepper then toss the pasta once more.
- Turn off the heat then transfer the pasta to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top then serve. Share and enjoy!