Spaghetti has always been my favorite since I was a kid. In fact this is the only dish that I order when we were dining out – with the exception of fried chicken, of course. Back then, I was accustomed to the taste of Filipino Spaghetti, but I developed liking other versions as I grew up.At this point, spaghetti has been a common dish for me. The excitement might not be there anymore when I see it served in the dining table. In order for me to get excited once more for spaghetti, I thought of moving away from what is common by modifying the ingredients and adding the right amount of spice to get that extra kick. Thus, this Chicken Spaghetti Recipe was born.
This dish is simple, but not ordinary. I liked the collaboration of flavors, especially the kick from the chipotle pepper. By the way, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce can be purchased in Mexican groceries. These are usually packaged in 2 to 4 ounces cans. If this is not available, try adding hot sauce like Sriracha. This is also one way of making spaghetti with meat sauce.
Are you a fan of Spaghetti? What is your favorite version?
Try this Chicken Spaghetti Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb chicken cleaned
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 4 to 5 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let the temperature cool down a little bit, and then shred the meat. Discard the bones.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté onion and add the shredded chicken.
- Put-in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Let boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, dried parsley, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Arrange spaghetti noodles in individual plates and pour the sauce over. Top shredded cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!