This Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe is all that you need to make a good Sweet and Sour Pork dish. It is made-up of pork sliced into serving pieces that were marinated and dredged in flour or cornstarch and then deep-fried until golden and crisp.
The sweet and sour sauce is made from brown sugar, rice vinegar, and ketchup gives life to the dish. Vegetables such as bell pepper, carrots, and red onions are also used to add flavor and make this dish more exquisite. This Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe does not say something about the sauce, but we have it linked for your convenience.
I like this Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe because it is so straightforward. Aside from having that authentic taste, I find the texture really appealing. I’m sure that you will find this very simple and quick to make.
After completing this Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe, you can enjoy the result when you eat it with rice. Fried rice is perfect for this, but steamed Jasmine rice will do too. It is all up to you. Enjoy!
Give this Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Watch the Video on How to Cook Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced diagonally
- 2 servings of sweet and sour sauce
- Place the pork loin in a bowl then combine the soy sauce (you may also add salt if desired). Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil in a pan then apply heat.
- Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Dip the marinated pork in beaten egg then on the flour and cornstarch mixture.
- Deep fry the pork (coated with cornstarch and flour) for 10 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. Set aside.
- Heat a separate pan then pour-in the sweet and sour sauce and water then let boil.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the onions and bell pepper (green and red) and simmer for 4 minutes (add extra water as needed).
- Add the deep-fried pork loin and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot. Share and enjoy!