Yang Chow Fried Rice is probably the most eminent fried rice recipe in the Philippines, even in the entire Asian continent. This fried rice recipe is of oriental origin and dates back to the mid 1700s. Until today, the popularity of Yang Chow Fried Rice never ceases. In fact, this is also popular in most of the countries around the world.
The secret in making good Yang Chow Fried Rice has something to do with the ingredients. First, it should be complete, as indicated in the recipe below. The more ingredients are used, the better. The rice should also not stick to each other. Among the necessary ingredients is Barbecued Pork. Also known as Char Siu, Barbecued Pork unleashes great flavors that make this fried rice recipe interesting. It also makes this fried rice complete, making it a meal in itself.
Rice variety plays an important role on every fried rice dish. Choose non-sticky rice when cooking your own fried rice. I also make sure to use leftover rice all the time. The starch in the rice gets less sticky as it gets colder. There is a big chance that the rice won’t stick to each other.
Do you enjoy eating Yang Chow Fried Rice? What do you like most about it?
Try this Yang Chow Fried Rice recipe and let me know your thoughts
Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- 6 cups cooked white rice refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup barbecued pork chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 10 pieces shrimps shelled and deveined
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 pieces raw eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil and sauté ginger and garlic.
- Add shrimps and cook for a minute. Remove the shrimps and set aside.
- Pour-in the beaten egg mixture and cook.
- When the egg is cooked, divide into small pieces. Add the rice and mix well.
- Put-in the soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Mix with the other ingredients.
- Add barbecued pork. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas and shrimp. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put-in the green onions. Cook for 2 minutes while mixing with the other ingredients.
- Turn the heat off and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!