This Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe is all that you need to make a good Sweet and Sour Pork dish. It is simple, straightforward, and easy to follow. The result is absolutely delicious. You should try it for yourself.
I started by preparing the pork. These were sliced into serving pieces and marinated in soy sauce. I also dredged it in flour or cornstarch and deep-fried until it turned golden brown and crisp.
Making sweet and sour sauce is easier than you think. It is composed of sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. The sauce provides flavor to the entire dish. I also added vegetables such as bell pepper, carrots, and red onions.
This has always been my go to recipe if I want to make a basic version of the dish. Aside from having that authentic taste, I find the texture really appealing. Feel free to adjust the recipe according to your preference.
If you are a fan of meatballs, I have a good sweet and sour meatball recipe for you. I suggest you it to see which you will like best.
Enjoy eating this dish with fried rice. My personal favorite is Yang Chow. I love the combination and sometimes I also eat this with egg roll or lumpiang Shanghai.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pork loin in a bowl. Add soy sauce (you may also add salt if desired). Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil in a pan then apply heat.
- Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Dip the marinated pork in beaten egg then on the flour and cornstarch mixture.
- Deep fry the pork (coated with cornstarch and flour) for 10 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. Set aside.
- Heat a separate pan then pour-in the sweet and sour sauce ingredients. Let boil.
- Add the carrots. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the onions and bell pepper (green and red). Cook for 4 minutes (add extra water as needed).
- Add the deep-fried pork loin and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot. Share and enjoy!