I was thinking of a good side dish for the pork belly that I grilled for lunch when the idea of having a corn salsa was the first thing that came in mind. I remembered tasting this simple side dish from a local restaurant a few weeks back; it was satisfying.
Corn Salsa might sound very simple but the collaboration of flavors can catch your interest. Imagine the sweetness of corn complemented with the tangy taste and aroma of cilantro plus the savory taste of the diced tomatoes with a hint of lime – who couldn’t resist this treat?
If you are in the quest of discovering the best side dishes and appetizers, don’t look far yet. Try to look around you: maybe the one that you are looking for is just around the corner.
What is your favorite side dish? Can you tell us why you like it?
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro, and salt then mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze-in the lime juice and mix until the juice is well distributed.
- Let sit for 12 to 20 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Serve as a side for Grilled Pork Belly (Inihaw na Liempo) or Oven Barbequed Spare Ribs
- Share and Enjoy!