This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Corn Chowder is a type of thick soup or vegetable stew. This is made from cream style corn along with some bacon or prosciutto.
All chowders use some sort of cream to make the dish richer. This recipe makes use of half and half. I understand that this ingredient might not be available in some locations so try using heavy cream or whole milk instead.
The cream style corn that I am referring in the recipe is the canned corn that you can buy in supermarkets. You can open the corn and then cook the contents right away, or you can make it more concentrated by placing in a food processor. Add some potato and you can convert it to corn and potato chowder. The possibilities are endless.
I like having Corn Chowder for dinner. I try to always eat light at this time of the day so a bowl of delicious Corn Chowder is enough.
Try This Corn Chowder Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
- 1 15 oz. can cream style corn
- 2 medium baking potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup prosciutto or bacon chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a small cooking pot.
- Put-in prosciutto or bacon. Cook until the texture becomes crisp.
- Add-in onions. Cook until the texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the potato. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the water and cream-style corn. Let boil and then simmer for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir and then cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!