Oven BBQ spare ribs is simply barbecued spare ribs that is cooked by baking and broiling. Though grilling and/or placing inside the pit is the traditional and most common way of cooking this dish, baking it in the oven would be the next alternative (unless you really want that smokey flavor and smell).
This is recipe is the simplest and least effort consuming that I know of. It could take a while to bake that rib but I’m sure that you won’t mind doing it over and over after you tasted one.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
Having some grilled corn on the cob or mashed potatoes would be great as side dishes. Then again, a cup of steamed rice or two is still the perfect choice.
Try this mouth watering Oven BBQ Spare Ribs recipe.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoons crushed red pepper (or chili powder)
- 2 lbs. pork baby back ribs
- 5 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper (or chili powder) and mix well.
- Place the spare ribs over a sheet of Aluminum foil and apply the rub on both sides of the spare ribs
- Cover the spare ribs with the Aluminum foil by joining the opposite sides and sealing them. If the aluminum foil is short, you may add a new sheet by placing it on top of the spare ribs. Leave this for at least one hour.
- In a heated saucepan, pour the beer and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, barbeque sauce, and ground black pepper then stir. Simmer for 7 minutes or until sauce becomes thicker.
- Open one end of the Aluminum foil and pour the cooked sauce. Seal the opened part after all the sauce poured.
- Pre-heat the oven at 230 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then bake the spare ribs for 2 hours.
- After baking, drain all the sauce from the spare ribs and place them in a sauce pan.
- Cook the drained sauce until texture becomes really thick.
- Using a basting brush, paint the sauce on the spare ribs
- Place the oven to "broil" mode then broil the spare ribs until the color of the painted sauce turns dark brown. Do not cover the ribs with foil this time.
- Remove the Oven BBQ Spare Ribs from the oven then serve. Share and Enjoy!