Stuffed Pepper is a baked vegetable and meat dish combined. Cooked ground meat is stuffed in bell peppers and baked until done. Although ground beef is the commonly used ingredient, you may use any ground meat that suits you.
In this recipe, I used ground chicken as a substitute for ground beef. I feel that using ground chicken will make this dish healthier and cut-off the calories.
Try this Stuffed Pepper Recipe and let me know what you think.
4 large bell peppers, top and seeds removed
1 lb ground chicken (ground beef and pork can also be used)
1 cup steamed white rice
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 small onion, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1. Pour water in a cooking pot and let boil.
2. Put-in the bell peppers and boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, drain water, and dry the bell peppers.
3. Combine tomato sauce and Italian seasoning then mix. Set aside.
4. Heat a pan and pour-in olive oil.
5. Sauté garlic, onion, and tomato.
6. Add ground chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Put-in salt and ground black pepper then stir.
8. Add Worcestershire sauce and cook for a minute.
9. Put-in the steamed rice and cook for 3 minutes.
10. Add half of the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture, stir, and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Stuff each bell pepper with the cooked mixture until almost full.
13. Top each bell pepper with remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning mixture.
14. Bake for 30 minutes.
15. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
16. Share and enjoy!