I was thinking about food court foods the other day. I’m not sure why that thought came into my mind then I realized that I’m craving for Sizzling Pork Chop. This is what I usually order for lunch every time I’m in the food court.
Sizzling Pork Chop tastes good and is easy to prepare. The sizzling effect makes this dish more appealing. Aside from the pork chop, mixed vegetables, yellow rice, and gravy are necessary to complete this dish. For the vegetables, I used the fresh frozen mixed vegetables. I placed it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes to cook a little. I was able to come-up with great tasting yellow rice by combining steamed rice with margarine, garlic powder, salt, and a little paprika.
I want to write more about this dish but I can’t resist its inviting aroma. I better start eating while the plate is still hot. Happy cooking!
To those who are inquiring about the type of sizzling plate that I used in the video, I got it online and it is called a Fajita Plate.
Try this Sizzling Pork Chop recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 piece (8 oz) pork loin chop
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup mixed vegetables, cooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow rice
- Rub salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder on the pork tenderloin chop. Let it stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the gravy by melting 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan. When the butter melts, gradually add the flour and whisk until the color turns light brown. Pour-in the beef broth and stir. Add salt and pepper according to taste. Continue cooking until the texture becomes thick. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet of frying pan then put-in 2 tablespoons of butter and let melt.
- Pan-fry the pork loin chop in medium heat until the color of each side turns light brown (approximately 7 to 8 minutes per side). Set aside.
- Heat a sizzling plate or fajita plate then put-in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Distribute the butter around the plate then arrange rice, mixed vegetables, and pork loin chop.
- Pour gravy over the pork loin chop then turn-off heat.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: