Maruya (“Banana Fritters”) is one of my favorite merienda.They sometimes place it in a bamboo stick and sometimes they shape it like a hand fans.My grandma used to cook this during hot summer day
12 bananas (saba,sliced lenghthwise)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
oil for frying
1. Combine all ingredients except saba.
2. Mix until well blended then add the sliced bananas.
3. Heat a pan with oil,place three slices of saba then pour a little batter on it.
4. Fry a few minutes on each side, you will know if it’s ready when it turns golden brown.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Peapod Online Grocery Shopping and Delivery
Shared Recipe. Eunice’s Maruya
10/03/2010 by 5 Comments
Download a FREE copy of the Panlasang Pinoy eCookbook Volume 1. Register now!
- 25 Filipino Recipes to Enjoy with the Family
- Top 10 Favorite Tilapia Recipes
- 10 Well Loved Filipino Desserts
- 15 Creative Recipe Ideas for Ground Meat
- 12 (+ 8 more) Filipino Food to Have During the Holy Week
Diets and Weightloss
- What is the Anorexic Diet?
- How to Lose Weight with Ketosis Diet
- Diabetic diet meal plan
- Best Food for an Upset Stomach
- How 1200 Calorie Diet Works