Shingaling is a shared recipe by Rene. He writes:
Shingaling is my favorite snack when I was growing up. This is a product in my hometown in Laguna. I eat this with spicy vinegar. This is what I always eat in the bus on my way to Manila when I was in college. It prevents me from feeling hungry and it makes me feel better even in heavy traffic.
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh miki noodles
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon beef powder
- In a bowl, combine garlic powder, chili powder, and beef powder. Mix them well.
- Rub the mixture on the miki noodles to the point that all sides are coated.
- Arrange the noodles in a wide tray. Do not let the noodles overlap each other.
- Let the noodles dry under direct sunlight for 1 day. Cover the noodles with a clean screen or cheese cloth to protect it from insects if you are drying them outside of your house.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the dried noodles until golden brown.
- Serve with vinegar!