This Easy Lasagna Recipe is simple and delicious. The richness of the white sauce makes the dish taste heavenly.
This particular recipe is only one of the hundreds of Easy Lasagna Recipes around. Although, I would say that this variation is the most popular of all – especially in the Philippines.
Did you notice the rich and tasty white sauce inside your lasagna? That is called the bechamel sauce. It is a simple sauce composed of scalded milk cooked with flour and butter. The bechamel sauce in this Easy Lasagna Recipe gives richness and additional texture to this pasta casserole.
A few months ago, I was also able to publish a lasagna recipe video that makes use of ricotta cheese. If you’ll ask which is better, I would say both. It all depends if you want cheesier lasagna or a buttery one with rich flavor. I think that it will be better for you to try both the original and this Easy Lasagna Recipe and see for yourself.
I enjoy eating lasagna with garlic bread on the side. How about you? What sides do you like best with your lasagna?
Easy Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb lasagna, soaked in water
- 1 cup romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery heart, minced
- 3/4 cups onions, minced
- 1/8 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 28 ounces crushed tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Watch the cooking video:
- Make the meat sauce by heating a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
- Saute onions and celery.
- Put-in the ground beef and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the basil and crushed tomatoes then stir. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and stir. Cook for 2 minutes then set aside.
- Make the bechamel sauce by heating a clean cooking pot then put-in butter and allow to melt.
- Gradually add-in flour while stirring.
- Pour in milk then stir continously.
- Add ground nutmeg and salt then stir.
- Continue cooking while stirring until texture becomes thick.
- Arrange soaked lasagna in a baking pan.
- Alternately top the lasagna with meat sauce, bechamel sauce, romano cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Create another layer by arranging a new set of lasagna and other ingredients on top. Note: feel free to add layers as desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6