This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Christmas Lasagna Recipe is perfect to make for the holidays and during special events and occasions. It is rich, creamy, and tasty. Overall, this is a delicious dish that I strongly recommend to everyone.
I always love to eat lasagna with a piece of garlic bread on the side. I like how the crisp texture of the bread complements with the soft texture of the lasagna. It also balances the richness of the dish and provides a bit of a garlicky taste, which makes the meal more enjoyable to eat.
Making lasagna requires a bit of patience. Each component of the dish needs preparing. I did a short cut in this recipe by using No Boil Lasagna Noodles. This saves me a bit of effort and time. Trust me; your patience will pay off at the end.
How to Cook Lasagna
Start by preparing the meat sauce. I am using two types of meat for this recipe, ground beef and Italian sausage. Heat some olive oil in a pot and start to brown the ground meats. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. The diced tomato goes next along with water. I also add a piece of Knorr beef cube to give the meat a sauce a solid beef flavor. Parsley, basil, and Italian seasoning are added next. These give the dish its fresh taste, which I really love. I season the meat sauce with salt, ground black pepper, and sugar.
There are three kinds of cheese in the recipe. Combine Ricotta, Parmesan, and Mozzarella cheeses in a large bowl and mix everything together. The cheese mixture will be used later on when layering the lasagna.
Using No boil lasagna noodles is more convenient because it saves time. At this point, start to assemble the lasagna by spreading some meat sauce on the bottom of the baking pan. Top it with a layer of lasagna. Spread cheese mixture above it followed by another layer of meat sauce. The same steps are done until all the lasagna noodles are consumed. The topmost layer is composed of the cheese mixture and more Mozzarella cheese. Cheddar cheese and quick melt cheese can also be used.
You have the option to freeze the lasagna for later use. These can be kept frozen for a week as long as it is properly covered.
Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil when it is ready to be baked. Bake it at 375F for 25 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes. If in case you froze it for later use, make sure to thaw the lasagna before baking.
Try this Christmas Lasagna Recipe. Let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 piece Knorr Beef Cube
- 12 pieces lasagna
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces Ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 29 ounces diced tomato canned
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- ¾ cups water
- 2 pieces yellow onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt ground black pepper, and sugar to taste
- Prepare the meat by heating olive oil in a pot. Add ground beef and ground Italian sausage. Cook until light brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in diced tomato and water. Stir and let boil.
- Add Knorr Beef Cube. Stir, and add parsley, basil, and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes while stirring every 7 minutes.
- Add Tomato paste and season with sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Set the meat sauce aside.
- Combine all the cheeses in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 370F.
- Assemble the lasagna by pouring meat sauce on a baking pan. Make sure to evenly spread the sauce. Top with a layer of lasagna. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the lasagna and top with meat sauce. Arrange another layer of lasagna on top. Continue to do the same steps until all lasagna are consumed. Finally spread the cheese mixture on the topmost layer and add more Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Lasagna