Here is a delightful cake recipe shared by our reader, Carina De Guzman.
According to Carina, she used mango candy for this recipe to balance the sweetness of this luscious crusty prune cake.
Don’t stare too long at the picture because it will make you drool. Seriously, I think that this is a nice recipe and I’m hoping to give it a try sometime this week.
Try Carina’s Fruity Prune Cake recipe and send-in your feedback.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 sticks butter
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon and nutmeg
1 cup chopped prunes
1 cup chopped mango candy
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup chopped nuts ( divided )
3 tablespoons brandy
1. Soak prunes and mangoes overnight in brandy.
2. Preheat the oven to 175 C
3. Cream the butter and then add egg, vanilla and water.
4. Add in flour, baking powder and spices, mix well and then add the soaked prunes, mangoes and half of the chopped nuts, combine thoroughly using wooden spoon.
5. Pour the mixture in 9inch round baking tin ( based and oil with greaseproof paper), topped with the other half of nuts and bake for 45min or until done.