Buko Salad or sweet young coconut salad is a dessert dish that makes use of shredded young coconut as the main ingredient. This delicious dessert recipe is a mainstay in every special occasion in the Philippines; it is often served as dessert in town fiestas and birthday parties.
This recipe that we have here is very simple and quick to prepare. The combination of different ingredients make this dish more pleasurable.
Some might associate fruit salad with this dessert recipe. Both recipes have an array of fruit ingredients and the procedure is almost the same. The main difference of Buko Salad is probably the use of young coconut meat.
Aside from the ingredients that we used here, you can try adding more ingredients depending on your taste. I know people who adds apples and cheese in their buko salad.
How do you make your buko salad? What other ingredients do you use?
Try this Buko Salad recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- 4 cups young coconut (buko), shredded
- 6 ounces sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained
- 12 ounces coconut gel (nata de coco), drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail, drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounces table cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine young coconut, kaong, nata de coco, pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail. Gently stir to distribute the ingredients.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and table cream. Mix until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve for dessert.
- Share and enjoy!