Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables is healthy vegetarian dish packed with protein and vitamins. It has a nice texture brought about by the fried tofu and natural crisp of the vegetables. It also has a good natural flavor.
Looks nice, isn’t it? Though it looks intimidating, this dish is very easy to make. In my opinion, this recipe is fit for beginners. If you tried frying eggs or at least boiled them successfully, there is no reason why you cannot successfully execute this recipe.
Are you familiar with all the ingredients? Let’s revisit some of them, maybe you’ll remember. Snow pea or “chicharo” in Filipino is a common ingredient in chopsuey and pancit bihon. This has anti-bacterial properties and can help avoid infertility. It is also rich in Vitamin C.
We all know that Tofu is a good source of protein – soy protein to be specific. Regular consumption of this type of protein can lower the bad cholesterol in our body gradually. It is also high in calcium. This promotes bone health.
Try this Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables recipe and let me know what you think.
Recipe: Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Deep fry the tofu until medium brown (about 5 to 8 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat a pan and pour-in 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- Sauté onion.
- Add the fried tofu and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour-in vegetable broth with cornstarch. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4