Kangkong and Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Tofu Stir Fry dishes are awesome because they are easy to cook and only takes a little time to complete. Almost any vegetable or meat can be stir fried using different techniques. What we have here is a simple vegetable stir fry with tofu. This dish contains a good amount of nutrients from the vegetables…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tofu Stir Fry dishes are awesome because they are easy to cook and only takes a little time to complete. Almost any vegetable or meat can be stir fried using different techniques. What we have here is a simple vegetable stir fry with tofu. This dish contains a good amount of nutrients from the vegetables and protein from the tofu.
Aside from being easy to prepare and being rich in nutrients, making this dish will not cost you much. This is one budget friendly recipe that you will surely like. You can enjoy this in 2 ways: as a side dish for grilled fish or meat; or as a main dish itself eaten with warm steamed rice.
When kangkong is not available in the grocery, you may still cook this using spinach. Same procedure still applies, but you will need to decrease the cooking time for about a minute or so as the spinach cooks faster.
You may also want to try our healthy chopsuey stir fry recipe.
Try this Kangkong and Tofu Stir Fry Recipe and let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Kangkong and Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 bunch kangkong water spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 3 ounces extra firm tofu
- 4 pieces Thai chili chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat cooking oil in a pan
- Fry the tofu in medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes per side
- Turn off heat. Remove the tofu from the pan and let cool.
- Slice the fried tofu into small cubes. Set aside.
- On the same pan, remove excess cooking oil until about 1 tablespoon of oil is left.
- Heat the pan. Sauté garlic and onion for about 2 minutes
- Put-in the sliced tofu and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Put-in the kangkong. Stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and then put-in the chilies.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment