If you liked our Beef with Broccoli, you will surely love this Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein Recipe. The main difference between the two recipes is the use of noodles, along with some minor distinction in the ingredients and cooking process.
You might have tried both Chow Mein and Lo Mein before. Do you know the difference between these noodle dishes? If you answered noodles, you are partially correct. The difference is not really the type of noodles used, but rather the manner that these noodles are prepared. If you noticed Chow Mein noodles are crisp while Lo Mein noodles are soft. This is because chow mein recipes require the noodles to be fried, while lo mein recipes calls for noodles to be tossed.
The main thing that I liked in this Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein Recipe is its delicious flavor. Without any doubt, this Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein Recipe will bring joy to your taste buds while satisfying your appetite. I also liked the fact that the ingredients are easily accessible to anyone. Speaking of ingredients, you will notice that I sometimes use a component called “Sherry”. This is a type of wine which is also known as cooking sherry or dry sherry. This helps improve the flavor and aroma of the dish. This is nice to have but not required for this recipe.
Since we are dealing with beef in this recipe, let me share some tips for you to be able to create a successful dish. It is a must for the beef to be tender. To ensure this, you should select tender cuts such as tenderloin or sirloin. If you are in a budget and opted for tougher cuts, try using meat tenderizer tools to tenderize the meat. I am not a fan of meat tenderizer powder so I will not recommend it. Also, keep in mind to slice the beef thinly. The thinner the slice, the less chewey the meat becomes regardless of the cut. As for the pasta, try not to over cook them. Soggy noodles is not enjoyable to eat.
If you have questions or clarifications, let me know by shooting me an email or commenting.
Try this Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein Recipe and let me know what you think.
Beef with Broccoli Lo Mein Recipe
- 3/4 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Stir and set aside.
- Heat a pan and pour-in olive oil.
- Saute onion, ginger, and garlic.
- When the onion becomes soft, add the beef slices and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the color turns light to medium brown.
- Put-in the broccoli and pour in sherry. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed seasonings (contents of bowl). Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure that the liquid do not dry out.
- Turn off heat. Put-in the spaghetti noodles and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6