Got some fresh shrimps today, but I have not decided yet on what to do with them. Garlic Butter Shrimp first came into my mind, but we already had that last week. Nilasing na Hipon sounds appetizing, but its nice to have something spicy. I decided to make Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry instead.There are many good things that I can say about Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe.
Besides the fact that it tastes real nice and goes well with either fried rice or steamed rice, I also consider this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe quick to prepare. It took me less than 15 minutes to prepare everything and I did not even have a hard time during the process. You don’t need any Culinary Arts background to be able to make this dish. The ingredients are also easy to find. Even if used fresh shrimps with head in this recipe, you are free to use packaged frozen shrimps – even the ones that are shelled.
By the way, you can use any size of shrimp in this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe. The best sizes are the bigger ones though. Tiger Prawns are the best ingredient. However, they are a bit costly. If you have some extra shrimps, I suggest that you also try to cook Sinigang na Hipon.
Try this Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe and let me know what you think.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb Shrimp, fresh shrimp
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chopped birds eye chili (labuyo)
- 2 teaspoons sherry cooking wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and sherry. Mix and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger and garlic. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds or until light brown.
- Put-in the shrimp and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the ketchup mixture, scallions, and chili. Stir fry for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4