This Green Bean Casserole Recipe is synonymous to holidays or special occasions. This dish is secondary to turkey during thanksgiving. It also makes a perfect side dish on Christmas dinner. Indeed, it has gained popularity throughout the years. In fact, there are hundreds of recipes available – each showing a different version of this dish. This particular recipe shows the quickest and easiest way to prepare it.
A good Green Bean Casserole Recipe has something to do with the freshness of the vegetables. It is important that they are crisp. The white sauce, on the other hand, influences the flavor, while the fried onions give this dish a good texture and an extra oniony taste. Among the three factors, I am only concerned on the freshness of the green bean because I know that there are commercially available sauces and fried onions that I can use to make my life easier.
Once I grab hold of my fresh green beans, all I needed to do is pull out some canned condensed cream of mushroom soup and French Fried onions from my pantry. These complete my major ingredients. All I do is mix everything together and add some seasonings before placing it in the oven. You read it right. Following this Green Bean Casserole Recipe is that easy. Check out the recipe below for the exact measurements of the ingredients. Happy cooking!
Try this Green Bean Casserole Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 (14.5 ounce can) green beans
- 1 (3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups French fried onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl. Combine cream of mushroom, sour cream, milk, pepper, and salt.Mix well.
- Add-in beans and 3/4 cups of fried onions. Mix gently and arrange the mixture in a baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the remaining fried onions on top. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6