This Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe came in as a surprise when I first tried it a few years ago. I was not expecting something interesting about the combination of red potatoes and green beans but I was astounded after trying it. I never thought that the combination of these ingredients is capable of bringing-in magic to my taste buds.
Potato and Green Bean Salad remains to be in the top ten of my favorite salad list. Aside from being healthy and tasty, I like this salad because it is so simple and easy to prepare. I also like the idea of not getting hungry right away after eating it.
Try to make this Potato and Green Bean Salad so that you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
Here’s how I do it.
Potato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 lb fresh green beans ends removed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Put-in the potatoes and boil for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and set aside to cool down. Meanwhile, place the green beans in boiling water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the green beans from the cooking pot and place in a bowl with cold water. This will retain the color and texture of the beans.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Dijon mustard, dill, white wine vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Slice the boiled potatoes into quarters then toss them along with the green beans in the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
- Share and enjoy!