Many people consider the traditional red chili as their comfort food. Who wouldn’t? Imagine the taste of slow cooked beans, red tasty sauce, and meat playing together in perfect harmony. But – what about white chili? That is what this White Chicken Chili Recipe is all about.
I guess you aren’t that familiar with White Chicken Chili, are you? It might be popular in some places, but not as famous as its red counterpart. My first reaction when I saw this dish was nothing. C’mon, light colored food is not that appetizing and I was expecting the other type chili. But I ate my words right after I tried this White Chicken Chili Recipe. It is flavorful after all, even if it does not look like it. In fact, I liked it a lot.
The nice thing about this white chicken chili recipe is how all the flavors collaborated to present a single likeable taste. For example, the combination of slow cooked chicken, beans, and green chili produced a single delicious flavor. This plays well with the sour cream and shredded cheese. The cilantro added some freshness to this dish which makes it more wonderful.
Grab your slow cooker and give this White Chicken Chili Recipe a try. Let me know how it went, ok?
White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 30 ounces (about 2 cans) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces diced green chiles (2 cans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups sour cream
- Arrange the onion, green chile, chicken, beans, cumin, oregano, garlic,salt, and ground black pepper in a slow cooker.
- Pour-in chicken broth and set the slow cooker to high. Slow cook for 5 to 6 hours.
- Gently stir and then transfer to individual serving bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Add-in a generous amount of sour cream and shredded cheese on top.
- Serve. share and enjoy!