This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
John H. of Levittown, PA shares to us his Roast Chicken recipe. He is a Filipino-American working in the medical field. He loves to eat healthy foods and here is one of his favorite healthy chicken recipes.
- 1 whole chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- Sea salt
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Clean the chicken and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper.
- Boil water and add salt, whole lemon, and garlic. Set aside the lemon and garlic.
- Pull the chicken breast skin and pour a little olive oil between skin and breast.
- Get the lemon and pierce for the juice to have an outlet.
- Place the lemon, garlic, and thyme inside the cavity of the chicken
- Get a roasting pan and place the chicken in. Roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350F.
- Serve. Store the leftovers in the fridge so that you can make some healthy chicken salad for tomorrow.