John H. of Levittown, PA shares to us his Roast Chicken recipe. He is a Filipino-American working in the medical field. He loves to eat healthy foods and here is one of his favorite healthy chicken recipes.
Shared Recipe. Roast Chicken
I love to eat chicken but I don’t have the energy to do some fancy stuff on it. I only cook after my shift and this is often for dinner which is also my lunch for the next day. This Roast Chicken recipe is my favorite because it is simple yet flavorful. I also like this recipe because it gives me time to relax while cooking. All I do is sit on the couch until the timer sounds. - John H.
- 1 whole chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- Sea salt
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Clean the chicken and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper.
- Boil water and add salt, whole lemon, and garlic. Set aside the lemon and garlic.
- Pull the chicken breast skin and pour a little olive oil between skin and breast.
- Get the lemon and pierce for the juice to have an outlet.
- Place the lemon, garlic, and thyme inside the cavity of the chicken
- Get a roasting pan and place the chicken in. Roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350F.
- Serve. Store the leftovers in the fridge so that you can make some healthy chicken salad for tomorrow.