Fried Bangus or Fried milkfish is a simple dish that is packed with flavors. The milkfish alone has its deliciously rich taste (especially the belly) while the marinade gives it a sour spicy flavor. I know that you guys can fry bangus easily, but do you marinade it before frying (unless it comes marinated)? The marinade enhances the flavor of milk fish making it more appealing to the taste buds. Marinating requires a very simple process detailed in our recipe below.
Try this Fried Bangus Recipe and let me know what you think.
Fried Bangus Recipe
- 1 large boneless bangus (milkfish); scales removed, cleaned and butterflied
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Combine vinegar, garlic, whole peppercorn, and salt in a bowl. Stir.
- In a deep wide plate, pour-in the mixture and then lay down the fish in a manner that the sliced part is facing down (skin should face up). Cover and place in the fridge. Marinate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Fry both sides of the bangus in medium heat until the color turns medium brown. Note: the oil has a tendency to splatter because of the liquid from the marinade. Make sure to cover the pan while leaving open a small space for the steam to escape.
- Serve with spiced vinegar (sinamak).
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 2