This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fried whiting fish is a fried fish fillet recipe that requires the fish to be dipped in a simple batter before being deep fried. Whiting is a type of fish that is common in the Atlantic. Aside from whiting, this recipe can be used for haddock, pollock, tilapia, and other types of medium to large sized fish.
There are many ways to enjoy fried whiting or any batter fried fish. This can be eaten with a side of fries or potato chips. I personally like to eat this with rice and ketchup. This also goes well with veggies such as braised collard greens.
Sometimes it is nice to get out of your comfort zone and try to eat your usual food differently. For example, fried battered whiting can make a good fish taco. It can even eaten for lunch as a fish sandwich.
Try this Fried Whiting Fish Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. whiting fillet thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 tablespoons fresh or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Prepare the batter by combining the flour, garlic powder, milk, water, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan or cooking pot.
- Dip the fish fillets in the batter. Make sure that the entire fillet is coated.
- Deep fry in medium heat until the color turns golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove the fish from the fryer. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with Braised Collard Greens.
- Share and enjoy!