Ghostly Dark Chocolate Cupcake is my quick and easy solution for busy people during Halloween. This dark rich chocolate cupcake can be done easily with lesser preparation time because we leveraged on ready-made cupcake icing, instead of creating one from scratch.
Of course, a much quicker approach would be to use an instant chocolate cupcake mix, but that will not entail any personal touch. Preparing the dark chocolate batter is very easy. As long as you have an electric mixer or stand mixer, you can do everything in less than 30 minutes. This definitely is one good Halloween party food.
We start our Ghostly Dark Chocolate Cupcake by mixing all the dry ingredients. Next is to whisk the butter, egg, sugars, and milk. The last step is to gradually whisk-in the dry ingredients with the butter mixture, and then we are now ready to arrange them in the cupcake molds for baking.
I bought the orange colored cupcake icing because the color pretty much represents Halloween. I also saw some ghost candies (which I think were magnificent), so I got them as the main piece for each cupcake. The result was a cupcake that is so freaky delicious. Booooo!
Try this Ghostly Dark Chocolate Cupcake recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1 large egg
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 10 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt, sifted
- Ghost candies
- Instant orange colored cupcake icing
- Combine AP flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk to incorporate the ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream the butter using an electric or sand mixer.
- Gradually whisk-in the sugars (white and brown) and egg.
- Slowly add the milk while whisking and then gradually put-in the flour mixture. Continue whisking until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the cupcake batter in cupcake colds arranged in cupcake trays.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test
- Remove from the oven to cool down. Frost using the instant orange colored frosting and top with a ghost candy.
- Serve during your Halloween party. Share and enjoy!