Black Forest Cupcake is a smaller versions of the popular Black Forest Cake or Black Forest Gateau. Also called Black Forest Cherry Cupcakes, these tasty creations can be the best ever dessert that you will have.
I’m positive that you want to try making these luscious Black Forest Cupcake. Don’t get intimidated by the looks because this is not complicated to make. If you’ve tried making chocolate cupcake before, following this recipe is a piece of cake. The thing that I like most in this Black Forest Cupcake is its exact resemblance to the larger version. You’ll enjoy the delicious chocolate taste of the cake while having an ooze of cherry filling once you get in the middle. The frosting and garnish is pretty much the same too.
It is like shrinking a whole Black Forest Cake so that you can place it in your purse and bring it anywhere.
Ever dreamed of joining Cupcake Wars? That food show is so cool, isn’t it? Better get on your feet and start practicing now. Don’t forget to greet us on TV when you get there.
Try this Black Forest Chocolate Cupcake recipe and give us your feedback.
Black Forest Cupcake Recipe
- 10 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 ounces pitted tart red cherries canned or bottled
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cherry liqueur or rhum
- Cooking Procedure
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl then whisk using a balloon whisk. This will be our dry ingredient mixture.
- Place the softened butter on a clean mixing bowl then cream using an electric hand or stand mixer. Gradually add the sugar while creaming.
- Put-in the vanilla extract and gradually whisk-in the eggs.
- Alternately whisk in the dry ingredient mixture and buttermilk then continue mixing until well blended.
- Arrange paper cups on your cupcake pans then pour-in the mixture in each cup. Do not completely fill the cups. Leave a space for expansion.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining the filling ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Make a space in the middle of the cupcake by scraping it or inserting a hollow tube, then put a teaspoon or two of the filling.
- Make the frosting by placing the heavy whipping cream in a bowl then whisk using an electric hand or stand mixer. Gradually mix-in the confectioners (powder) sugar and continue mixing until soft peaks form. Turn off the mixer and add the vanilla extract and fold.
- Frost the cupcakes using the frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings (like what we had with the No-bake Chocolate fudge tart) and a fresh cherry on top.
- Serve right away or refrigerate before serving.
- Share and enjoy!