Egg and Cheese English Muffin Sandwich is a simple breakfast sandwich that even novice cooks can make. The only cooking skill needed for this recipe is the ability to fry an egg. It seems like a simple thing to do, but it takes practice to achieve perfection. Of course, frying an egg until one side turns brown before flipping until the other side cooks is a simple thing, but making the perfect egg requires a bit of skill or help for that matter.
While I may have developed some skill in preparing different kinds of egg dishes, I still opt to use an egg ring when frying eggs, especially when making egg and cheese sandwich. Eggs look pretty and symmetrical when cooked with my nice old egg ring. It also allows me to cook 4 eggs at the same time in 1 pan without ruining the edges. This is because an egg ring traps the egg within its perimeter while being cooked, so I can put 4 egg rings in a pan simultaneously. This saves me time and gas, as well.
I usually spread a mixture of mayo and ketchup to my egg sandwich to bring in that rich and sour flavor. It blends well with egg and cheese and it makes the sandwich more enjoyable to eat. I toast the muffin on the frying pan before frying the egg and then I heat the muffin on the same pan after arranging the egg and cheese so that the cheese melts around the egg.
Try this Egg and Cheese English Muffin Sandwich Recipe and let me know what you think.
Egg and Cheese English Muffin Sandwich Recipe
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 English muffins, sliced into half horizontally
- 2 American cheese singles
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and ketchup. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a wide frying pan.
- Toast both sides of the muffin in the heated pan. Set aside
- Put-in the cooking oil and then fry the eggs. You can do over easy or sunny side up. You can also do pouched egg if frying is not an option.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on one side of the English muffin. Arrange one egg on top and then place the cheese above the egg. Cover with the other half of the muffin.
- With excess oil wiped-out in the pan, put-the egg muffin back (with egg and cheese). Make sure the muffins touch the pan, not the egg nor cheese. Heat both sides for 1 minute or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Serve for breakfast along with brewed coffee or hot chocolate. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 2