One way to pump-up a Grilled Cheese sandwich is to add more ingredients. Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich is one example. This is what you’ll get when you add delicious black forest ham and an egg cooked over easy on a grilled cheese sandwich. Doesn’t it look great?
I like to have Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich for breakfast. This is my way of “eating like a king” during the first meal of the day. They say that it helps boosts the metabolism if you start your day with a heavy breakfast, so I always gave it a try. However, I think that I am overdoing it though.There are other ways to load your grilled cheese sandwich. I will be featuring more as we go along. Enjoy your meal!
Try this Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich. Let me know what you think.
Grilled Cheese Ham and Egg Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 egg cooked over easy
- 2 ounces sliced black forest ham
- 1 slice of Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat a nonstick frying pan.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of the first bread slice.
- When the pan becomes hot, put in the bread (buttered side down)
- Arrange the cheese and ham on top of the bread.
- Spread the remaining butter on the second bread slice. Top the second bread slice on the ham (buttered side up). Let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Flip the bread using a spatula to cook the other side of the bread. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and then place in a plate.
- Remove the second bread slice and arrange the egg on top of the ham. Put the second bread slice over the egg.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!