Roast turkey always go well with cranberry sauce. They make a good pair during thanksgiving dinner. Are you thinking of making your own cranberry sauce from scratch? We have an easy recipe that you might be interested in.
The simplest cranberry sauce recipe is composed of fresh cranberries, water, and sugar. We modified the recipe a bit by adding orange juice. I started out by boiling water and orange juice in a sauce pan. The sugar is then added and stirred until it completely dissolves. The last step is to add the cranberries and simmer until it bursts, which usually takes up to 12 minutes or so.
Aside from being the perfect sauce for roast turkey, cranberry sauce also makes roast and baked chicken more interesting.
Try this Easy Cranberry Sauce recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 3½ cups fresh cranberries, cleaned
- Pour orange juice and water to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Put-in cranberry and then let the liquid re-boil. Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with Turkey for thanksgiving.
- Share and enjoy!