Ground Beef Basil and Tomato Frittata is another easy frittata recipe that you can cook for breakfast or lunch. As the name suggests, this recipe requires ground beef, basil, and tomato slices. I enjoy eating this egg dish with a slice of toasted bread and some tomato ketchup.
You will need a conventional oven to prepare this dish. If you don’t have an oven at home, you can use a turbo broiler, but make sure that you cover the top with aluminum foil to prevent it from being burnt.
The basil and tomato make this dish taste better. I cannot recommend any substitute for them. However, you can use ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey to replace the beef.
Try this Ground Beef Basil and Tomato Frittata Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ground Beef Basil and Tomato Frittata Recipe
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3 pieces Roma tomato, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan. Put-in the beef and then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the basil. Cook for 1 minute. Turn the heat off and Let the beef cool down.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cooked beef and basil, tomato, salt, and pepper. Beat.
- Pour the mixture into an oval baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture rises and becomes solid. Do not over bake.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6