Ground Beef Tostada is a fried crispy flat tortillas that are topped with ground beef, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
This Ground Beef Tostada is pretty much the same as your regular beef taco. The only difference is the shell: tacos are served in a folded shell while the shells for tostadas are flat. In addition, some tacos come in soft wraps, and tostadas are never served that way.
If you are looking for a quick and easy ground beef recipe, I suggest that you consider making Ground Beef Tostada. I know that most of you are not comfortable with too much cooking. The only cooking involved with this ground beef recipe is with the ground beef — the rest are arranging the rest of the ingredients to come-up with your own awesome tostada creation.
I like this dish because it tastes good and it is very quick easy to prepare. This is perfect for beginners – even to those who have no cooking experience.
There are other ingredients that you can use as toppings. Avocado and onion are good examples. Can you suggest other toppings that we can use for tostadas?
Try this Ground Beef Tostada Recipe and let me know what you think.
Ground Beef Tostada
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 15 ounces canned refried beans
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 12 pieces tostada shells
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat a pan and put-in the cooking oil.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in the taco seasoning and water. Stir, let boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Note: add water as necessary.
- Add the refried beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Turn the heat off, and then set aside.
- Place the tostada shell in a plate, and then top with cooked ground beef.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese on top of the ground beef.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!