Chili Shrimp is a delicious shrimp dish that is best eaten with steamed white rice. This dish is very tasty, so expect to consume more rice.
This Chili Shrimp Recipe is adapted from our Chili Crab recipe. While almost the same ingredients were utilized, I tried to tweak this dish a bit so that it can have its own disposition. I suggest that you use shrimp with head and scales on because these are more flavorful compared to the cleaned (scales and head removed) ones.
It will also be nice if you have a sour soup to accompany chili shrimp. Sinigang na Bangus always works for me.
Try this Chili Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Chili Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb. shrimp (with head and shell), cleaned
- 3/4 cup leaks chopped
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 knob ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic and ginger
- Put-in the shrimp. Stir and then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ketchup, hot sauce, chili sauce, and hoisin sauce. Stir. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce and some sesame oil.
- Add the leaks. Stir and then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4