Fried Ham and Cheese Roll is an easy snack or appetizer recipe. This recipe is simple and inexpensive because you can use leftover bread slices and leftover ham.
You can make this dish if your loaf of bread is about to expire in a few days or if you still have that leftover ham in the fridge from the holidays. Pimento can be purchased in the supermarket. If it is not available, try to grill a piece of fresh bell pepper and slice it into strips.
There is a tendency for the bread to absorb the oil. To avoid this situation, try to flatten the bread to the point that the texture becomes pudding-like. This will prevent the bread from absorbing more oil. When frying, apply low to medium heat so that the bread crumbs won’t brown right away.
Try this Fried Ham and Cheese Roll Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 ounces ham, sliced into thick strips
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced into thick strips
- ¼ cup pimento strips
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Remove the dark ends of the sliced bread.
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Lay each bread slice flat and then put a cling wrap on over each piece. Press using your palm until the bread becomes flat.
- Arrange the ham, cheese, and pimento strips on the bread. Roll the bread until the filling is covered. Secure with a toothpick.
- Dip the rolled bread in beaten egg. Place the Panko bread crumbs in a large Ziploc bag and then put the dipped rolls in. Shake until everything is covered with crumbs.
- Fry in low to medium heat until the color turns golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Arrange the fried rolls in a plate line with paper towels.
- Serve as a snack or slice into pieces and serve as an appetizer.
- Share and enjoy!