This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
To me, Ham and Cheese Quiche make a great brunch. This is something that I like to have when I have something going on for lunch while I am pre-occupied with other chores early in the morning. Besides tasting good, ham and cheese quiche is also filing and gives me the energy that I needed for the first half of my day.
Making ham and cheese quiche is not hard. As long as you have a pastry dough ready, all you need is mix all the ingredients and bake. I usually make my own pastry dough from scratch and place it in the freezer for later consumption. The link on the recipe on how to make pastry dough is provided below. If you do not have time to make pastry dough for yourself, then you can always buy it from the grocery.
Any kind of ham can be used for this Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe. You can use black forest ham, leftover Christmas ham, and even canned hams or luncheon meat.
Try this Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe.
- 1 Pastry dough see recipe for homemade pastry dough
- 1/2 lb. ham cubed
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange the pastry dough on a round baking dish.Blind bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the beaten egg, salt, pepper, milk, and cheese. Mix well.
- Add the cubed ham to the egg mixture and stir.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Pour the entire mixture in the baking dish.
- Place it back in the oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!