Ham and Egg Fried Rice
Starting your day with a big and heavy breakfast is always a good idea. It makes you more focus and ready for the challenges ahead, both physically and mentally. One of the best meals that I had for breakfast has been always the ones with Ham and Egg Fried Rice. It fills me up instantly…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Starting your day with a big and heavy breakfast is always a good idea. It makes you more focus and ready for the challenges ahead, both physically and mentally. One of the best meals that I had for breakfast has been always the ones with Ham and Egg Fried Rice. It fills me up instantly and gives me the energy boost that I needed.
There are a lot of dishes that goes well with Ham and Egg Fried Rice. My favorites are tapa, tocino, longanisa, and embutido. Sometimes, I even eat it as it is without having anything else, especially if used more than enough ham in it. Some of you might want to put-in some vegetables to make it healthier. Adding some green peas, chopped bell peppers, and carrots is a good idea. It will give a nice texture to your rice while adding up more vitamins and minerals for your daily dietary needs. This is also one of the good ways to cook eggs.
If you have a little experience dealing with fried rice, we have some tips for you. This can be handy for novice cooks, while it can be some sort of a refresher for experienced ones. It will be greatly appreciated if you can also share your ideas for the benefit of our fellow readers.
Try this Ham and Egg Fried Rice Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- Recipe: Ham and Egg Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice preferably a day old
- 3/4 cups ham chopped into small pieces
- 2 raw eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cooking Procedure
- Combine rice, salt and garlic powder. Gently mix the ingredients using a slotted spoon or your clean hands. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ham and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the rice. Stir.
- Add soy sauce and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Clear one side of the pan by moving the rice on the other side to the point where you can see the bottom of the pan.
- Pour-in the beaten egg. Let it cook then cut it into small pieces using the tip of your spatula.
- Mix the egg with the rice and other ingredients. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy.
Leave a Comment