Tilapia with Salted Black Beans is also known as tilapia with tausi. This is a delicious dish involving the St. Bernard fish. You can prepare this during regular days. This is usually eaten with white rice, but eating this with brown rice is also a good idea.
It will take about 30 minutes to cook this dish. The first thing that you need to do is to fry the fish slices until it turns crisp and brown. Once the fish is done, you’ll need to saute the vegetables along with the fried fish and seasoning. The dish is done after a few minutes of simmering.
I like tilapia with tausi because it is simple and I used to eat this when I was growing-up. The only drawback of this dish is the possibility of consuming more rice than the usual. This always happens if the food is really tasty and good.
Try this Tilapia with Salted Black Beans Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 large tilapia, sliced crosswise (steak cut)
- ¼ cup canned tausi (salted black beans) - discard the water
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in ½ cup water
- cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub salt and pepper all over the sliced tilapia. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Pan-fry the sliced tilapia in medium heat for about 5 minutes per side or until the color turns medium brown. Remove the fried tilapia and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a clean cooking pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- When the onion softens,add the parsley and salted black beans.
- Put the fried tilapia in the pan. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch diluted in water. Stir gently and let boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste. Note: you can add more water to make it taste less salty.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. share and enjoy!