Pork with salted black beans (also known as pork tausi) is a simple yet tasty pork recipe that you can cook during ordinary days. This is usually consumed for lunch along with a cup of rice, but make sure to have an extra cup ready just in case your appetite build-up.
Before you start cooking, there are a few pointers that you need to follow. First, try purchasing the canned salted black beans in your nearest Asian store. Drain the liquid. We will only use the beans because the liquid that goes with it is very salty. It is also better if you will use pork tenderloin for this recipe because it cooks fast – no extra time is needed to make it tender.
I enjoy eating pork tausi with rice. There is no other way to eat this except with plain warm white rice. It also works for me to have adobong sitaw by the side.
Try this Pork with salted black beans recipe. Let me know what you think.
Pork with Salted Black Beans
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup salted black beans discard the liquid that goes with it
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch diluted in 4 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup water
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- When the onion becomes soft, add the pork slices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the salted black beans, oyster sauce, and parsley. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the water. Cover the pan and let the water boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Pour-in cornstarch diluted in water. Sprinkle some ground black pepper. Stir
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!